Booster Dose Registration: India launched the largest vaccination campaign against the coronavirus just a year ago, targeting 300 million individuals over the country. The government and the nation’s paramedics worked together to make the campaign a success. The Covid Vaccine Booster, commonly known as the Covid vaccine’s third dosage, was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, with notable historical precedent. Frontline staff members were the first to get the booster dosage. And now that Booster Dose Registration is available to the public, people can receive their third Covid precautionary dosage. Read the article to get complete information.
Booster Dose Registration
In India, registration for the booster injection began on January 10, 2022. You are qualified for this booster injection if you are an Indian who has already received the first two doses of the vaccination. Using the Indian government’s official CoWIN portal, www.cowin.gov.in, you can register for the booster shot.
The government has proclaimed that walk-ins are welcome and that Booster Dose Registration is not necessary for the booster injection. However, it is usually better to register through the official website to quickly get a confirmed spot.
Who is Eligible for Booster Dose Registration?
In previous circumstances, booster doses were only available to registered frontline workers (FLW), including nurses, physicians, other healthcare professionals (HCW), and elderly citizens. However, it’s important to remember that kids can only take this dose if they have previously had the first two shots. In current circumstances, anyone can apply for Booster Dose Registration.
Only eligible individuals whose most recent vaccination was at least nine months ago will see the Precaution dosage option. While it is not required to see a doctor before receiving the third shot, it gets advised for old people with serious health issues.
Scholarships for You:
- SSP Scholarship Status 2022- 23
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022- 23
- UP Scholarship Status 2022
- OASIS Scholarship Registration 2022
- NSP Scholarship Portal 2022-23
Booster Dose Online Slot booking Complete Process
The third shot is crucial if we want to defend ourselves against the fatal infection. If you previously registered, you can sign in with your current account. Therefore, you are not required to re-register through the CoWIN site. Follow the instructions below to register for the portal if you want to:
- Visit the official website by clicking here: https://www.cowin.gov.in/.
- Click the “Register/Sign in” button.
- You’ll see a screen that requests your phone number. Enter the relevant number, then select “Get OTP.” Ask the person who registered on your behalf for the OTP because it would be sent to their phone number if they did so. Remember that the CoWIN portal can only get used to register a maximum of four persons.
- The phone number will receive an OTP of six digits. Fill out the area with the supplied OTP. Click “Verify and Proceed” after that.
- The available slots for “Precaution Dose” will show up on the screen in the Appointments section if you qualify for the booster dose.
- The available slots for “Precaution Dose” will show up on the screen in the Appointments module if you qualify for the booster dose. Click the slot reservation option.
- You will be given the time, date, and location of the vaccination center after Booster Dose Registration.
Following the steps mentioned above, you can receive the booster shot or precautionary dosage. You will get a message with information about your slot on the registered phone number when your space gets reserved. After making a reservation, you can only reschedule; cancellation is not an option. You may also acquire a certificate verifying the same from the official website after taking the third dose.
Any doubts? Drop it in the comments.
Dose downloading a mobile app make it mandatory to register for vaccinations?
In India, there is no official mobile app for signing up for vaccines except Aarogya Setu and Umang Apps. Visit cowin.gov.in and log into the Co-WIN portal to begin going. Alternatively, you can sign up for immunizations via the Aarogya Setu or Umang programs.
How can beneficiaries who lack access to smartphones, computers, or the internet manage Booster Dose Registration Online?
Up to six people can be vaccinated using a single mobile number. Beneficiaries might ask friends or relatives to help them finish their online registration.
Is there a cost involved with signing up?
No, there is no registration charge.